Catholic Traditions Moving Forward
The Catholic Church is steeped in Traditions.
The offertory collection is one of the oldest traditions. During the early years, parishioners gave a portion of their yield to the church. As times changed, the offering changed to coins, paper money, and checks.
Today, the tradition of the offertory collection is changing once more. Life is moving much faster. The growth of the Internet has created a new offering opportunity--parish online giving. St. John Vianney Parish is proud to partner with Liturgical Publications Inc (LPi) to offer our parishioners WeShare, a safe and secure online donation system you control. No more missed Sunday collections or special donations. You have at your finger tips the opportunity to always be there to support your church and parish community.
How Making Church Donations Online benefits You.
- Eliminates the need for writing checks
- Choose a payment option that works for you—debit, credit card, savings account, or checking account
- Convenient when traveling—you can still donate while away from home
- Easily adjust amount of recurring donations
- Schedule donations to fit your financial schedule
- Full donation history online
- Receive e-mail reminders of scheduled donations prior to account deductions
- Receive e-mail receipts for all donations processed through WeShare
How does Online Giving minimize risk to you and your Church
- There is no parish access to any parishioner account information, only email, address and giving histroy can be accessed.
- Secure access environment for parishioner activity.
- Account information is encrypted immediately using 128 bit encryption.
- No escrow holding account, contributions are processed daily.
- No paper forms to store or secure.
The Weekly Collection is used for the day-to-day operation of the parish and its programs. You may set up a one-time or recurring donation to our parish.
Our Bi-Monthly Heating Fund Collection is a restricted fund used solely for the purpose of winter heating expenses. Collection for this fund will be taken up every other first Sunday of the month throughout the calendar year. Thank you for your contributions to keep our facilities warm this winter.
Annual special collection to help defray cost of the maintenance of the many Parish Cemeteries.
The estimated cost to restore the bell tower and preserve it from the elements is $300,000.00. Our faith is vibrant and hope-filled. We are not however a "rich" parish. We need the help of friends and benefactors to help make this happen! Won't you consider a gift or pledge?
WeShare privacy poilcy available at this link: http://www.4lpi.com/privacy